12.12.2006

"Mung Mung"

Kae-go-gi! For the first and probably last time I ate Kae-go-gi. Kae-go-gi goes "mung, mung" in Korea not "ruff, ruff". Kae-go-gi is dog meat. Yes, I, ate dog in Korea. It is one of the must do's, I think, if one lives in Korea. It wasn't as hard to eat as I thought either. I didn't let myself think too much about it until after I ate it.

It tasted gamey and was pretty fatty. It was mixed with tasty spices. Wow--I ATE DOG! I'll never see my pet dog quite the same after that! I know, in Korea Kae-go-gi and pet dogs are not even the same. Somehow when you come from the USA it is hard to make that kind of distinction.

3 comments:

Jackie Bolen said...

I like your pictures. You guys seem so happy and excited to be eating scary meat!

Julene said...

Ha. Yeah. It was fun and I think I had my first and last "dog". I've been surprised by the reactions of people at home. Some people don't even want to talk about it. It is such a cultural thing, eating dog. One cultural experience is enough for me!

Jackie Bolen said...

No updates? I keep checking but nothing going on :(