7.24.2010

Kigali: Saturday July 24

July 24

Today I was able to get some rest. It was so needed after yesterday. Since we didn’t get home until nearly 1am last night I was wiped and I slept until 10am. When I woke up I thought to myself, “I could be on a 10 hour bus ride right now.” It is a good thing I wasn’t. This morning I connected by phone with our Nazarene Missionary in Uganda. I am grateful for the cell phone here. We’ll meet up with him on Sunday (or Monday). I also connected with Grant Christy who is the leader of the GAP part of this trip.

So today I spent the day with Sophie. Both of us needed a down day. I was able to catch up with myself a bit. In the evening we met up with Philbert and some other Americans and went to a wedding reception. After hearing about Rwandan weddings this week it was cool to actually be at a part of one. We went to the reception where there was a presentation of cake, gifts and dancing. This all happened in front of an audience. So there was no mingling happening among guests. The best part was the group of dancers.

My last dinner in Rwanda this trip was at Philbert’s new restaurant with Sophie and 3 other American women. Also another Rwandan man joined us.

No comments: