8.06.2010

Nampa Again

Aug 4 and 5

Travel was uneventful today minus one thing. I somehow lost my cell phone. Bummer. It was in my jacket on the plane and all I can guess is that it fell out when I got into it for my earplugs and facemask. So I returned home phone-less. Checked with the airline in Amsterdam but nothing came of it.

When our team got to Amsterdam the guys enjoyed McDonalds. We found comfortable places to rest for a while. When we were ready to walk again we found Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream. This was what I was holding out for. Go ahead and have your Egg McMuffin, guys! I want Ben and Jerry’s. Ice Cream is its own food group in my book and I hadn’t had any for more than 3 weeks. Let me tell you….it was worth the wait.

No surprises…the flight out of Amsterdam had enough fuel. Trevor, Carrie and I said our goodbyes to Grant who was to board a different plane home to KC. Our flight to Portland was long and uneventful. When we got off the plane in Portland I put up my hands in celebration, “We are in the USA”. It is no small thing to be Stateside.

All in all the trip took about 35 hours. It is a very long journey but when I’m reminded that years ago the tip took months and months ….35 hours isn’t that bad. My new roommate picked me up at the airport in Boise and I was on my way to my own bed.

I slept until 4pm on Thursday! 17 hours of shut eye….now that is something! I’m home. I’m grateful for the adventures of the past 24 days and grateful for a few days to rest before starting back to work (and a new school year).

No comments: